Sunday, September 03, 2006

Donavan's Steak House -- Phoenix, AZ

The best steakhouse in the United States is in Arizona. I have had Smith & Wollensky, Ruth's Chris, Flemings, Gallaghers of Las Vegas, Marino's in Miami, as well as the Chicago Chop House and all of them although excellent in their own way, can't compare to Donovan's.

Service: This restaurant uses team serving for their service meaining that you have 3 servers for each table in the section. This way you are always taken care of.

Food Quality: Again, unbelievable! The steaks were the highest quality I ever had and done to perfection.

Suggestions: Get the peppercorn filet!!! It is awesome. I didnt get any wines but they have a wide selection of all reds and whites. If you are going with a group they usually have an appetizer thats expensive but its well worth it. It is a medley of multiple seafood items chilled and served with cocktail sauce. I have had it before at other restaurants and its awesome. But make sure you ask how much it is :). There's was $100 for 2 people.

Final Comments: Its pretty expensive so dont expect to go there every day now (and your cardiologist will yell at you as well). Most entrees are $40-$50 and apps range from $10-25.

Sorry Ruth.... you finally got beat with Donovan's!!!!

CrediblyEdible

1 comment:

UziHusain.Com Arizona Realtor said...

I think you mean Shula's in Miami and not Marino's (I'm your wife so I know I'm right, he he) although, you could be thinking of Mortons as well...jeez, we're eating too much steak!