Sunday, September 20, 2009

Worst Italian Food Ever

2728 E. Thomas Rd.
Phoenix, AZ 85016
(602) 956-090


Let's not waste any time here. NEVER eat this food. NEVER even think about going to this place. This was honestly one of the worst meals I've ever eaten in my entire life.

From the moment I drove down E. Thomas Rd. I knew there was a problem. This neighborhood is not very inviting to begin with. To see the catering van on the side of the building was another bad sign. The decor inside made of mirrorred walls and ceilings, neon lights, extremely old dinnerware, I just wanted to leave before it even started. Why did I do it to myself?

The first assault on my stomach were stuffed shrimp with crab, scallops, and spinach. Quite honestly, I could have thrown up. There was way too much bread crumb used to hold it together. It tasted as if it were prepared well in advance, refrigerated, then undercooked prior to arriving on my plate. No seasoning at all. Just disgusting.

Next was the orecchiete with rapini and sausage. There was more broccoli than anything else on the plate. Pasta was actually done in three different ways on the same plate. Undercooked, just right, and overcooked. Tell tale sign of an italian kitchen that could care less. The sausage was sliced from links without removing the lining so I was able to make futile efforts to chew my food completely. There was hardly any pasta on the plate and not so fresh parmesan sprinkled on top. Honestly, this was a disrespect to italy.

Stick to the house favorites they say. Well, the meat lasagna tasted like it was made with sour milk. There was a very tart, not so pleasant after taste which really made it difficult to stomach. Just don't eat this at all.

Service is acceptable. But I gotta say, the italian accents seemed a bit fake. I wouldn't be surprised to know there was just a large freezer of microwavable italian meals, a few cookbooks, and italian rosetta stone cd's in the kitchen.

THIS FOOD WAS DISGUSTING, DECOR HIDEOUS, AND I WAS FRANKLY EMBARRASSED TO EVEN BE THERE. The four senior citizens sitting next to us were the only other customers. While discussing their medical conditions for all else to hear, all I could think of is why did this have to happen to me.

1 comment:

Adhikar 'DJ Adi' Dhakal said...

you should try Guiseppes on 28th located on 28th Street and Indian school Road.

AMAZING italian

its adi btw from http://theazfoodcritic.blogspot.com